Faced with the emergence of open data, data is omnipresent and available in abundance. The DATA/GIS department works on a daily basis to collect data: identification of relevant data, exploitation of very varied and heterogeneous data sources data.
- data structuring and processing: data formatting, consolidation of national databases, data cross-referencing of various themes.
- and the sustainability of the data: regular updating and historization of the data.
Database management allows you to make the connection or link data sets which might initially seem to be decorrelated.
The DATA/GIS pole can carry out various spatial analyses:
- Customer catchment areas (distance as the crow flies or in real distance) around points of interest -
Realizing the grid of a territory -
Route calculation -
Neighbourhood analysis -
These processes combined with data cross-referencing make it possible to provide precise analyses:
- Cross-referencing between technical data (deployment, coverage) and territories to define priority intervention areas for public actors in terms of infrastructure or services.
- Analysis of the commercial potential in a territory to better target deployments.
- Identification of the ideal location of a technical point according to its environment
The Data/GIS pole develops its own modelling tools so as to be completely autonomous on these issues. These developments allow:
- create routines to facilitate the automation of recurring tasks -
develop complex simulation tools (fiber deployment)
Tactis also carries out precise mobile coverage modelling studies by service level and operator. They take into account different parameters (type and height of telecom tower masts, antenna frequencies) and can integrate field measurements (drive test, …).
These models are produced with the ATOLL software.
It should be noted that Tactis recently carried out a mission on behalf of Caisse des Dépôts on the prioritisation of white and grey areas.
The Tactis GIS/DATA division can also create web interfaces for their customers . These interfaces can display data via both a map component and dashboards highlighting relevant indicators.
The GIS/DATA division offers training in GIS software solutions. Training is carried out on the basis of materials produced by the teams internally, and delivered at the end of the training.
The training days are punctuated by a precise program, defined in advance and validated by the client.
The GIS/DATA division also assists its clients in implementing their own GIS systems:
- Setting up a GIS infrastructure,
- Setting up telecom observatories,
- Structuring databases based on the data available at the client's premises.
A question about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) ? Need to remove doubts in view of a future project? Send an email to Benjamin Fradelle, Tactis Associate Director.